Terms and Conditions
Kuntur Peru Therms and condition
Dear Travellers and Clients!
Thank you very much for choosing kuntur Peru! The Terms and Conditions de Peruvian system of services and products sometimes differs from your country. We strongly suggest you read the following carefully:
Travel in Peru: Kuntur Peru operates in regions where standards of accommodations, transportation and services might not be those you would normally expect back home. However, we strive, with all care and skill, to provide the best service for our clients. Travelling in Peru requires flexibility, patience, broad-mindedness, good humor and an understanding that changes may be made without notice due to circumstances beyond our control. (Force Majeure – see below). By booking any of our tours & treks, you agree to allow Kuntur Peru to make necessary changes without liability.
This is any event that Kuntur Peru cannot, even with all care, foresee or avoid. This covers events such as war or threat of war, riot, civil strike, terrorist activity, industrial dispute, disease, natural disasters, adverse weather conditions, fire or all similar events beyond our control. In this case, Kuntur Peru will not accept liability and reserves the right to change, postpone or even cancel trips (this is a last option of course!).
Incremental charge in case of protests or strikes (Force Majeure)
In the event of a protest or strike, which is not uncommon in Cusco, it may be necessary to leave a day or even two days earlier than scheduled so that we are able to comply with other services. In this case there may be an additional fee, depending on the situation.
By booking any of our adventure trips (Inca Trail to Machu Picchu, Lares, Salkantay, Ausangate, Choquequirao, Vilcabamba trek and more) you assume the risks associated with them. For these treks, Kuntur Peru travel Agency accepts no responsibility.
We strongly advise you to take out travel insurance that covers accidents, medical expenses (including rescue and air ambulance) and emergency repatriation. We also recommend that it covers cancellations and loss of luggage. You can use a travel insurance comparison website to search and compare over 250 travel insurance plans to find the best policy to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased travel insurance, please forward a copy of the insurance company name and policy number by email or bringing the information when you come to our office.
HOLIDAY OR ELECTION INCREMENTS
An extra charge of $35 USD per person is applicable for all treks (regardless of group / private option / size of group) starting on any of the following dates:
- Christmas (Dec 22nd, 23rd, 24th, 25th)
- New Year (Dec 29th, 30th, 31st, Jan 1st).
An extra charge is also applicable, if a trek leaves during election days (people are fined in Peru if they do not vote).
***We use the extra charge to pay staff a bonus for working during holidays or to pay fines for not voting.
SENDING YOUR PRIMARY DEPARTURE DATE AND BACKUP DATE
By providing us with a primary date and a back-up date for your trek (classic Inca Trail, Lares, Salkantay tours, Tour to Machu Picchu, Choquequirao, etc.), you automatically authorize Kuntur Peru to use either of these dates for your reservation. After, we have received your booking form and have confirmed that your deposit was made successfully. Kuntur Peru will send you the final re-confirmation via email, also to re-confirm the exact departure date of your trek. You should receive the re-confirmation email within 48 hours.
SENDING US YOUR PERSONAL DETAILS FOR BOOKING
Your passport number and other personal information must be valid. Please, advise us immediately if your passport number changes after booking your tour. This is especially important for booking the Classic Inca Trail. If we do not make a change in your official details, you may not be permitted to do the trek.
STUDENT RATE: In order to obtain this discount, you must have a valid ISIC card. It is important, you scan and e-mail us your card at the time of booking. It must be valid on the date you are traveling due to do the trek. You will also have to show your card for the Inca Trail, Machu Picchu & Huayna Picchu. You will need to show the real ISIC card upon your arrival in Cusco and in Machu Picchu.
MAKING A RESERVATION AND PAYMENT OF YOUR DEPOSIT:
- – In order to make a reservation for a Tour, Trek or any trip with Kuntur Peru, the client is required to make a US$200 deposit, which can be paid by PAYPAL or Visa. This deposit is non-refundable. Upon making a reservation, regardless of reservation method, Kuntur Peru assumes that the client has read the Terms and Conditions.
- – The reservation order becomes final on the date that Kuntur Peru receives the client’s deposit. Upon receipt of the deposit, a compulsory contract is in place between the client and Kuntur Peru.
- – All people named on the reservation order are committed to the contract with Kuntur Peru. The person who signs the contract is regarded as having the permission of all persons whose names are on the reservation order and verifies that all these people are fully aware and accept the Terms and Conditions of Kuntur Peru.
- – We require a non-refundable deposit (as mentioned above) along with your personal details (full name, passport number, gender, nationality and date of birth) at the point of making the reservation.
Payment of the deposit can be made via any of the following three options:
- Bank transfer.
- Western Union (remaining balance can also be paid by this method).
NOTE: The client will assume all transaction fees.
PAYMENT OF FINAL BALANCE:
The remaining balance (i.e. total balance minus the deposit paid) of the Tour, Trek or Trip must be paid 48 hours before the first day of the Tour, Trek or any trip. Please let us know, if you anticipate any delay with your payment.
Payment of the final balance can be made via either of the following two options:
- Visa (Deposit can also be paid by this method).
- Western Union (Deposit can also be paid by this method).
NOTE: The client will assume all transaction fees.
CANCELLATIONS FOR DEALS
“No cancellations once booking has been made and confirmed”
- Inca Trail entrance, Machu Picchu entrance, Huayna Picchu entrance, train tickets, Hotel (at Aguas Calientes) are non-refundable and non-transferable and name changes are not allowed…….Therefore, we strongly recommend you purchase travel insurance.
CANCELLATIONS FOR TREKS AND TOURS:
(1) If a client cancels within:
- -30-20 days there will be a 40% refund of total tour.
- -19-9 days, there will be a 20% refund of total tour.
- -8 days or less there will be a 0% refund of total tour.
NOTE: Your US$200 deposit is non-refundable. Any Inca Trail tours cancelled at any time are non-refundable due to the high demand and price of permits. If the cancellation applies, it will be without payment fees.
(2) Kuntur Peru must be notified of any changes or cancellations to your trip as soon as you are aware of them, via e-mail, so that we do not incur expenses not covered by deposit.
(3) Once the final balance has been paid, we will not be able to refund your trek payment in the case of cancellations (last minute cancellations in Cusco). However, there will be parts of your trip that you are able to use (Machu Picchu entrance fee, 1 train ticket, and 1 bus ticket).
(4) A claim letter for your insurance company can also be provided by us upon request.
(5) Porter service hired cannot be cancelled (a fee is paid for booking this service).
CHANGES MADE BY CLIENT:
The person who signs the reservation order is the only person that can make changes to the Tour, trek or any trip. A $35 USD change of order fee is charged to make any changes. Though all efforts will be made to make the changes requested, they are not guaranteed and there may be additional costs in relation to these changes.
PLEASE NOTE THAT, FOR THE INCA TRAIL, PERMITS ARE NON-TRANSFERABLE, NON-REFUNDABLE, AND DATES CAN’T BE CHANGED.
CHANGES AND CANCELLATIONS BY KUNTUR PERU
We always make our best efforts to carry out tours / services according to the original schedules as listed in the reservation order. However, by entering into this agreement with Kuntur Peru, the client accepts that necessary changes may need to be made to a tour, trek, or any trip, due to predominant conditions (see ‘Force Majeure’ section above).
Kuntur Peru reserves the right to change or cancel any facilities, services and substitute for reasonable alternative of comparable value.
In the event of a major change, the client will be notified as soon as possible. The client will have options with regards to accepting the change.
VERY IMPORTANT (1):
We strongly suggest spending time at high altitude (above 3000 meters / 9842 feet – in Cusco or another high altitude area) for a minimum of 2, 3 to 4 days before undertaking your trip. This is in order to minimize the possible effects of altitude sickness. Also, you can help your body acclimatize by drinking plenty of liquids, adding a bit more sugar to your drinks, eating food rich in carbohydrates, avoiding cigarettes and alcohol, and drinking coca (ancient traditional leaf) tea. Diamox can also be helpful – please ask your doctor about purchasing any medications before traveling.
VERY IMPORTANT (2):
We recommend you arrive in Cusco, 48 hours or more before trek departure because occasionally, we need to leave earlier than scheduled in case of strikes or other events out of our control (see ‘Force Majeure’ section above).
ABOUT THE BRIEFING:
The night before your trek, there will be a pre-trek talk (briefing) in our office at either 6:00pm or 7:00pm (exact time will be confirmed upon your arrival or by email). A duffel bag will be provided at this time, if you have paid for the sleeping bag, it will be given to you at this time.
*** Before coming to the briefing, please have a look our packing checklist in which you will find all the thing you will need to take for the trek or tour.
Thanks again for choosing us and we look forward to seeing you in Cusco!
Kuntur Peru Team!